Arizona is a mandatory state
A.R.S. 32-3603 specifically provides that:
A. All real estate appraisals and appraisal reviews performed in this state shall be performed only by individuals licensed or certified in accordance with the requirements of this chapter. No person, other than a state licensed or state certified appraiser may assume or use that title or any title, designation or abbreviation likely to create the impression of licensure or certification as an appraiser in this state.
B. No person other than a state licensed or state certified appraiser may receive a fee for a real estate appraisal or an appraisal review of real property in this state.
A.R.S. 32-3638. Violation; classification
Any person who performs a real estate appraisal or appraisal review, who is not licensed or certified under this chapter and who knowingly assumes or uses any title, designation or abbreviation likely to create the impression of licensure or certification by this state or any person who knowingly provides false or fraudulent information to the board is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.
- Arizona Statement of Citizenship and Alien Status for State Public Benefits
- 11/1/08 Firm Date Implementation of 2008 Criteria
- Reciprocal States - As of 9/13/2013, Arizona reciprocates with all of the states that meet or exceed our requirements and are from a state that is in compliance with the A.S.C.
A.R.S. 32-3618 Reciprocity
RECIPROCITY SHALL BE GRANTED TO AN APPRAISER IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
1. THE APPRAISER HOLDS A CREDENTIAL FROM A STATE THAT IS IN COMPLIANCE
WITH 12 UNITED STATES CODE SECTIONS 3310, 3332, 3333, 3335, 3338, 3339, 3341,
44 3342, 3345, 3346, 3347, 3348, 3350, 3351, 3353, 3354 AND 33552. 2. THE CREDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STATE DESCRIBED 1 IN PARAGRAPH 1 OF THIS SECTION MEET OR EXCEED THOSE OF THIS STATE. 3. THE APPRAISER HAS COMPLETED AN APPLICATION FOR LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION ON A FORM AS PRESCRIBED BY THE BOARD AND SUBMITTED THE FEES PRESCRIBED PURSUANT TO SECTION 32-3607.
- Examination Information
- Renewal Requirements for Real Property Appraisers
- Filing Deadline Dates for Application Review Committee Meeting
- Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card Request
Real Property Appraiser Classifications:
Real Property Appraiser Applications:
Supervising Appraiser's Notification of Engagement/Terminiation of Trainee Notice:
Property Tax Agent Applications:
Inactive/Reactivate Appraiser Applications: